In a break for the range's norm, the animated web series 'Scream of the Shalka' is presented for the first time on DVD.
• 6x 15 mins approx colour animated
episodes with stereo audio.
• Commentary with writer Paul Cornell, director Wilson Milam and producer James Goss. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
• Carry on Screaming (dur. 26’50”) – a look back at how the first ever Doctor Who cartoon came to be made. Somehow. With executive producer Martin Trickey, producers Muirinn Lane Kelly and Jelena Djordjevic, animation director Jon Doyle, writer Paul Cornell and researcher Daniel Judd. Presented by the story’s executive producer, James Goss.
• The Screaming Sessions (dur. 7’ 18”) – cast and crew talk about the project in these interviews recorded at the time of production. With actors Sophie Okonedo, Jim Norton, Diana Quick, Craig Kelly and Anna Calder-Marshall, director Wilson Milam.
• Interweb of Fear (dur. 23’ 46”) –a brief history of the BBC website and the important part that Doctor Who played in it. With internet consultant Martin Belam, editor Ian Garrard, producer James Goss, commissioner Martin Trickey, rights expert Ann Kelly, Ben Lavender, inventor of the iPlayer, and new series executive producer Russell T Davies. Narrated by Zeb Soanes.
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials, Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Gallery.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 9 April 2016. No reproduction allowed without written permission.